Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Not Just Another "W"

The Cubs need a "W" today.  I was looking through the Kellogg's database and found only one Cub player whose last name began with a "W".  Of course that is my favorite childhood Cub - Billy Williams.



I was impressed that he only struck out only one for every nine at-bats in his career.  Even though that would be quite impressive today, that was not a big deal when he played.  The player with a Kellogg's card and the least likely to strike out was a huge surprise to me.  Can you name him?


There are no Dodgers who can be found with a Kellogg's card and their last name beginning with a "W".

2 comments:

  1. I think it is a Cub, because I remember reading this once. No idea which one. I am assuming it's not Santo, Banks, or Williams, since they hit so many home runs. If it's not a Cub, I'd have to guess the usual suspects: Rose, Carew, Tony Gwynn (he may be too late).

    I do remember that Joe Sewell struck out 4 times one year! Way before Kellogg's...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Chance that it is a Cub. It isn't a famous player but you've heard of him.

    ReplyDelete