Kelloggs Cards

Kelloggs Cards

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Not Just Another "W"

The Cubs need a "W" today.  I was looking through the Kellogg's database and found only one Cub player whose last name began with a "W".  Of course that is my favorite childhood Cub - Billy Williams.



I was impressed that he only struck out only one for every nine at-bats in his career.  Even though that would be quite impressive today, that was not a big deal when he played.  The player with a Kellogg's card and the least likely to strike out was a huge surprise to me.  Can you name him?


There are no Dodgers who can be found with a Kellogg's card and their last name beginning with a "W".

2 comments:

  1. I think it is a Cub, because I remember reading this once. No idea which one. I am assuming it's not Santo, Banks, or Williams, since they hit so many home runs. If it's not a Cub, I'd have to guess the usual suspects: Rose, Carew, Tony Gwynn (he may be too late).

    I do remember that Joe Sewell struck out 4 times one year! Way before Kellogg's...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Chance that it is a Cub. It isn't a famous player but you've heard of him.

    ReplyDelete