Kelloggs Cards

Kelloggs Cards

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

My First Two Kellogg's Cards...Again

I bought a handful of Kellogg's football cards recently from ebay.  They arrived tonight.  My first thoughts took me back to 1970 when I got my first two cards from this set.

I don't remember getting 1970 Kellogg's baseball cards out of cereal boxes, but I do remember the football cards.  The first two cards that I got were Lem Barney and Mel Renfro.  Since I played on the pee-wee Cowboys at Scottsdale Park, I followed the Dallas Cowboys and I knew Renfro.  Since the Bears played the Lions twice a year I also knew who Barney was.

The purchase was less than $10 including shipping since the cards were cracked.  It was worth it for the trip back to 1970.  The big difference is now I eat Corn Flakes instead of Frosted Flakes.

Not bad, but I certainly wanted Bob Hayes, Gale Sayers and Dick Butkus.

No comments:

Post a Comment