Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Tuesday, August 9, 2016

National Update #2 - Japanese Kellogg's Cards

I've never seen a Kellogg's card from Japan at any card show.  That is still true after the recent National.

There is a dealer from Florida who specializes in Japanese baseball cards, primarily vintage.  He also produces a price guide/checklist of those cards issued in Japan.  No one has passed along any information to him regarding the Kellogg's cards from Japan.  I guess I will be the guy to do that.  That is my job for this week.

I still don't have all of the information on these cards.  If you know more about them, please pass the information along.








My guess is that no dealer has picked up these cards in any quantity.  I'm also assuming that there are no factory sets offered.  If either of those things had happened there would be some of these cards in quantity somewhere.  Is someone holding those that didn't make it into cereal boxes?  Someone has got to know this.

4 comments:

  1. These are really neat. I had a fellow blogger send me a couple of Japanese Kellogg's a while back and I absolutely love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting! I see the 2nd to last picture shows a card design that matches the 2006 Upper Deck WalMart Frito Lay set of 30 cards. The Frito Lay cards are very difficult to find and they don't have the Frito Lay logo on them, unlike the Kellogg's logo on the Japanese cards shown. Very interesting indeed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the great observation. I'm not aware of the Frito Lay cards but I did see one that looked just like the Japanese Kellogg's cards. I will do some research and add more to this story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete