Kelloggs Cards

Kelloggs Cards

Friday, August 19, 2016

The First Step is to Admit You Are Old

I was eating Corn Flakes today.  Isn't that the same as admitting that I am old?  When I was a kid the Corn Flakes box was a last resort.  We were fortunate enough to get a steady diet of Frosted Flakes, King Vitamin, Sugar Pops, Cap'n Crunch, Lucky Charms, etc.  If I was desperate enough to eat the Corn Flakes I would always toss on at least a few spoonfuls of sugar to make it taste as much like Frosted Flakes as possible.

When I posted recently about my earliest Kellogg's card memories I recalled getting Lem Barney and Mel Renfro.  Why didn't I remember getting baseball players?  Probably because I wasn't willing to convince my mother to get Corn Flakes.  Forty-six years later I'm enjoying the Corn Flakes minus the massive extra sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment