Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, December 31, 2017

1970 - 1975 Kellogg's Cards With Collars

I don't always finish what I start on this blog but I will with the collars.  I needed to check 1970 - 1975 Kellogg's cards.  I found lots of pictures from the side where I couldn't determine if there was a collar or a turtleneck shirt.  I ignored all of those.  Here is what I found.

Seven cards in six years.  Four Hall of Fame members, and one who appears twice.  No, not Fergie Jenkins this time even though he's in sets from this time range.

1971, 1974 and 1975 had none that were 100% confirmed from the images shown.

1970 - Juan Marichal and Al Kaline.



I think that there are more cracks in this Marichal card than he had wins in 1969 - 21.  What is the record for most cracks in a Kellogg's card?



Al was a favorite of my freshman biology teacher.  And a favorite of me when I was six since we both played the same position.  My brother even convinced me that being in right field was a good thing. 


1972 - Juan Marichal.  Unlike Topps, who used the same photo sometimes, Juan sported a collar again in a different pose.  I like the completely different uniforms too.



1972 All-Time Greats - Cy Young's certainly looks like part of the uniform.  Some of my students and my own children would be quick to ask "didn't you play Little League with him?"



1973 - Joe Coleman and Manny Sanguillen.  Sanguillen has the collar popped up, but I will count it.




Update - the 1973 Gaylord Perry card also shows him with a collared shirt under his uniform.


No comments:

Post a Comment