Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Steve Hargan, Claudell Washington and Don Gullett - Like You've Not Seen Before

Hey, check out these three unopened packs that I didn't have before today.

The first two are Claudell Washington. I made no extra effort to determine how well the front would appear in the photo.  Sorry about that.



The next two are Don Gullett.



I did my best work with the Steve Hargan photos.  It is easy to see through the wrapper on both sides.




Where did I get them?  I made them in my lab, I mean the kitchen table. 

Over the years I've purchased a bunch of Kellogg's cards that were opened but placed back in their original wrappers.  What a great idea.  Almost every one of those cards displays incredible color that isn't always seen in these cards. 

I intentionally trimmed the above photos so it wouldn't be obvious, but here is the real picture of what they look like in the used wrappers.  I am making no attempt to pass these off as unopened.  I just want to complete the set so I will use these.




I would never be able to do this for the 1981 to 1983 cards because I don't have many wrappers, but I think I will attempt this with some of my favorites.  Look for them in the future.  

I imagine that someone would try to figure out a way to repackage an old Clemente, Mays or other players.  Luckily, the older Kellogg's wrappers are one piece.  Doing this has made me wonder about expensive unopened cards.  

I would be skeptical of any 1980 stars in their original wrappers because the two-piece wrapper easily separates into front and back.  1979s might also separate that way.  

As always, more information on this topic is appreciated.  

1 comment: