Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, December 3, 2017

I Never Heard of Kellogg's Pep Cereal

I saw this article on Sports Collectors Daily - 1937 Kellogg's Pep Cereal Stamps.  The article mentioned that this cereal was sold until the 1970s, but I don't remember it at all.  It was said to be a rival of Wheaties, so the stamps promotion makes sense since Wheaties was using sports giveaways to sell cereal during the 1930s.

I've seen these items on ebay but I never clicked to learn any more about these stamps.

This article was worth reading.  Will I ever attempt to get these?  I don't know how much I am going to branch out into other Kellogg's sports-related items.  That might work if I end up getting all of the 1970 - 1983 cards.

Here is more information.  https://prewarcards.com/2016/09/28/1937-kelloggs-pep-stamps-football-set-and-checklist/

I was disappointed to find out that there were few golfers and no track and field athletes.

5 comments: