Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Things I Never Thought I'd Say

Collecting Kellogg's cards has been a lot of fun since I first got Mel Farr and Lem Barney in 1970.

When the upcoming holidays arrive, will/should I say this to relatives when they ask if I still collect baseball cards?

Since I'm a teacher, I will give you multiple choice selections for the answer.

(a) The first step is admitting that I have a problem.
(b) When am I a collector and when am I a hoarder?
(c)  Does buying a card of a figure skater count?  What if it is autographed?
(d)  How many 1983 George Brett cards is too many for me to own?
(e) All of the above.


Yes, I did buy a Kristi Yamaguchi card since I am now attempting to complete that Kellogg's set.

I think that I might only need the Kyle Busch card now.  At least I have some history of buying NASCAR cards.  I did some of that with my son when he was interested in buying cards. 








4 comments:

  1. I saw that Busch on eBay a few days ago... but once it crossed the $10 threshold, I stopped watching it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The answer is obviously first C, and then A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You obviously don't know how many 1983 George Brett's I own.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was also watching the Busch card and I bailed after that amount as well. It went for more than the David Robinson card.

    ReplyDelete