Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Seeing Cracks in Kellogg's Cards

There must be something in the lighting at card shows that doesn't allow me to see cracks in Kellogg's cards.  I brought home a nice group of cards that I thought were free of cracks.  Then I get home and check them out - ugh.

I added some decent cards, but none were variations that I needed.  With a limit of four hours at the card show, I didn't consult any of my lists.



It is always nice to add some 1971s, but I was really hoping to pick up some nice ones.  Prices for nice commons seemed to be $15+.  If I had more time like last year, I might have gotten some graded ones for under $10.  Next year in Chicago I might go on Sunday which would be good for picking up stuff no one wanted and bad because good stuff will be gone if priced fairly.

4 comments:

  1. I've purchased Kellogg's at shows too thinking they were crack-free, but when I looked a little closer at home, they had issues. Heck... I've done this with regular cards on many occasions. A few months ago, I picked up a really nice Mattingly rookie, but when I got home there was bubbling in the cardboard on the back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe they cracked on the way home ? I had that happen to me - Made sure there was No cracks when I bought them .. Getting home to put them in rigid holders and seal them only to find out 4 of the 5 cracked on the way home ...ughh

    ReplyDelete