Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, August 6, 2018

What Else Did I See at the National

What else did I see or not see at the National?  Keep in mind that this was Friday, so maybe someone bought lots of stuff before that.

A day before attending I saw two 1970, five-card, 49-cent packs in a picture online.  At the show I saw those two packs and no other unopened 1970 five-card packs.  Both were still there on Friday with prices of $125.  Neither had stars showing and neither was in a desirable number range.

I saw no individually wrapped packs until the last 15 minutes.  Then I saw a group of 1972s.  That was the same group that I saw at the show last year.  

One dealer that I usually buy some cheap vintage cards from sold six different Kellogg's sets before I got there.  It was disappointing to see their list of sets for sale and see all of the Kellogg's ones crossed out.  Prices were fair and they sold 1972 ATG, 1973, 1975, 1978 and a few newer ones.  

I saw no factory sets from any year.  I didn't see any Leyendas sets either - I never have seen them at these shows.  I saw no Clementes from Puerto Rico.

I saw no advertising pieces, uncut sheets or anything else odd.  I didn't even see any 1968 Topps 3-D cards but I didn't look as closely at graded cards because I rarely buy them.

Lots of dealers who had 1950s to 1970s stuff on display had small sections of Kellogg's cards.  Lots of cracked and curled cards and lots of high prices. 

Since I've gone to the National often, most of the tables are starting to look familiar.  That's not a good thing.  

2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised nobody had Kellogg's factory sets. I would have been bummed had I gone, because I definitely would have been on the lookout for a 1979 set.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a hand-collated 1979 set with the cards from the first print run. We need to do some trading since I've got lots of things that you are looking for it seems.

    I just never get around to spending time on my collection other than this blog.

    ReplyDelete