Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, May 16, 2016

Rosemont Card Show Yesterday

I was excited to check out Rosemont's (IL) new addition to the show schedule.  The same people that run the March and November shows, formerly known as the Sun Times Show, were running this one.  That gave me the impression that it would be another large show like those two.  Not quite.

When I walked in it was easy to notice that the room was about one-fourth of the size of the other large shows.  Admissions was still $10 so I had hopes for a similar show before starting out in the room.  It only took me about 40 minutes to walk around the room including when I looked at many rows twice.

On a positive note, there was ample time to look at everything in the room.  There was a bit of all of the usual stuff - old, new, miscellaneous, supplies and autographs.  I found a few dealers with Kellogg's cards, but I didn't see any unique items.

One dealer had a 1981 Kellogg's factory set.  That's the one that everyone seems to have.  I like the set, but it is certainly over-produced like most of the other 1981 baseball cards.   I didn't buy the set since it was quite pricey.


Two dealers had some 1971 Kellogg's cards, football and baseball.  I bought some cracked football cards since they were $1 each.  Do the football cards have any variations?

No comments:

Post a Comment