Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Wednesday, May 11, 2016

Who Is Hiding Behind Tommy Harper?

Tommy Harper is card #74 of 75 in the 1970 Kellogg's baseball card set.


From what I have seen in the past, I expected to see card numbers that were fairly close to #74.  Since the card was near the end of the set, I wondered whether I might get low numbered cards as well.  

Here are some of the cards I thought I could get in this pack:

#61 Harmon Killebrew
#71 Bob Gibson
#72 Joe Morgan

#02 Pete Rose
#04 Willie McCovey
#07 Tom Seaver
#08 Don Sutton
#12 Willie Mays

The pack came with very few surprises.  I didn't get any low numbered cards.  Here is the breakdown of the pack.

#74 Tommy Harper
#69 Willie Horton
#65 Mickey Lolich
#63 Tony Oliva
#61 Harmon Killebrew
#62 Don Wilson
Braves sticker
Cubs sticker

As I've seen before, these packs offered cards close in number to the card shown on top.  The range in numbers was only 61 to 74.  I've seen similar ranges in the handful of packs that I have opened as well as things I've found online.  Has anyone seen anything different from this pattern?

The cards all have a bit of a curl, but the color is great and the corners are perfect.  The Killebrew card was the only one that helped me to upgrade my set.  

No comments:

Post a Comment