Here are the hints to his identity, besides today being his birthday/
1. He went to high school and college in the same city
2. He played for six teams over 26 seasons.
3. He was traded for a player to be named later.
4. He missed a season with an injury to be named later.
5. As a pitcher he gave up more than 300 homers.
6. He throws left-handed, assuming that he still throws sometimes now that he's 73 today.
7. He had Kellogg's cards in three different seasons.
8. His Kellogg's cards showed him on the White Sox, Dodgers and Yankees.
9. He won 20 games in a season three times.
10. His last name is more common as a first name.
Did you figure it out?