Kelloggs Cards

Kelloggs Cards

Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Mickey Mantle Never Got a Kellogg's Card - Some Day I Will Create One

On this day in 1969 Mickey Mantle retired.  He needed to go a bit further to get himself into the 1970 Kellogg's baseball card set.  Too bad for everyone.  

Also on this day in 1969 Doug Creek was born.  I never heard of him so I looked him up.  He played for nine seasons between 1995 and 2005.  He pitched in 279 games including three with the Cubs but I have no idea who he is.  Why?  I never mentioned before that after the MLB strike in 1994 I decided to go on strike against them.  My strike only ended in 2005 because my son was following the White Sox run to the World Series.  I even went to a White Sox game in 1995 without watching a single play.  How did I do that?  My sister-in-law rented a suite for a birthday party for my brother.  I just sat facing away from the field about 450 feet from home plate.

So, none of this fits with Kellogg's yet.  I need to tie it together with Mickey Mantle and Doug Creek.  Put those together and I can come up with Mickey Rivers.  Future posts will examine some of his interesting quotes.


No comments:

Post a Comment