Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Kellogg's Cereal Box Dream #22 - 1971 Wasn't A Great Year For Me and Frosted Flakes

I didn't get a lot of Kellogg's cards in 1971.  I remember getting Glenn Beckert and a few others but none of the big stars - Clemente, Mays or my favorite - Billy Williams.  I had better luck in 1973 and 1974.

The Tommie Agee card is more along the lines of what I pulled from cereal boxes in 1971.  


1971 Kellogg's Tommie Agee #46


1971 Rating                    -- 4  comment -- not a great player and a Met.  Yuk!

2016 Rating                    -- 7  comment --   These cards rarely look nice, so getting any one of                                                   them out of a box would be great.  

Agee made a few great plays in the outfield for the 1969 Mets who won the World Series.  A few years earlier he was the AL Rookie of the Year for the White Sox.

He only played until 1973 so I mostly remember him as a injured, older player.  His last Topps card showed him as a Dodger, but he got released before opening day and never played for the Dodgers.


No comments:

Post a Comment