Kelloggs Cards

Kelloggs Cards

Thursday, March 17, 2016

Too Bad Joe Girardi and Jim Thome Didn't Get a Kellogg's Card

I'm heading home from Peoria, Illinois today.  That's the hometown of both Jim Thome and Joe Girardi.  I didn't know Girardi in college but our team shared a locker room with his team.

Today is St. Patrick's day.  Only two players named Pat got onto a Kellogg's card - Pat Kelly and Pat Zachry.  I always liked Kelly when he was on the White Sox.  Why?  I am a fan of the Cubs.  I always liked the outfielders since that's where I liked to sit at Comiskey Park.

I was not a fan of Pat Zachry only because he spent time on the Mets.  I will still wish him a Happy St. Patrick's Day.


Freddie Patek is included here since he's the only player with a Kellogg's card that also has the letters "Pat" in his name.  Happy St. Patrick's Day to him too.

Patek retired on 10-03-1981 and Pat Kelly's last game was the next day.

More tomorrow when I have more time.



No comments:

Post a Comment