Kelloggs Cards

Kelloggs Cards

Sunday, January 22, 2017

Finally Got to a Card Show Today

It was nice to get to a card show today.  Sad news that the long-time promotor passed away since the last show occurred there.  He was quite a nice guy.  I had forgotten that he was a teacher for 38 years in this area.

I spent 15 minutes at the show because I didn't see a lot that I wanted to look at today.  There were plenty of old cards, new cards, wax boxes and fancy new insert cards.  I just didn't find much to look at in the way of Kellogg's cards, hostess boxes, Sportscaster cards and odd things that I like to check out.

I was surprised to see a Stop-n-Go football card set from 1980.  I also saw a few 1992 All-Star sets. One dealer had a great number of 1970 Kellogg's cards in really nice condition.  I didn't buy any because the prices took into account how nice they looked.


It's nice to get to a show, especially when it is only 10 minutes out of my way.  Maybe I can find another one soon.  There seem to be only three consistent shows in the Chicago area now and I've found that this is the only one I like attending.

3 comments:

  1. Nice Ernie Banks; did that come from the show? Nothing like picking up a vintage, oddball Hall of Famer, that's for sure.

    Also, I'm curious as a fellow Chicagoan, what show was this? Was it the one in Orland Park?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I didn't purchase anything today at the Orland Park show. I just wanted to show a picture since I was talking about 1970 Kellogg's cards that I did see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bummer that you weren't able to find any new cards for your collection. I'm headed to a show next weekend. Hopefully I'll find something to buy. Although... I don't see 70's Kellogg's too often at that show. If I did, I'd be all over them.

    ReplyDelete