Kelloggs Cards

Kelloggs Cards

Saturday, March 18, 2017

1972 Kellogg's All-Time Greats Factory Set Questions

This is question about the 1972 Kellogg's All-Time Greats set and maybe also about the 1970 Rold Gold set which features the same cards.

I purchased a factory set of the Rold Gold cards recently and I didn't open it.  Does a similar factory set exist for the 1972 Kellogg's All-Time Greats?



Does anyone know if in the envelope the cards are on a sheet or if they are in a wrapper like what I saw below for a 1972 set on ebay?



If the 1972 All-Time Greats were not issued in a similar envelope, were they issued through a mail-in offer at all?



The box shown below doesn't mention any mail-in offer.  I actually remember that my friend had one of these empty boxes because they ate Danish Go-Rounds, something we never did at my house.  All of my friends collected cards, but that was the only time we ever saw an All-Time Great card.

How did Rold Gold Pretzels advertise a mail-in offer?





2 comments:

  1. I got my set of Kellogg's alltime greats through ail order years ago. Don't remember details. Probably included box tops and a few bucks. I know they didn't come in a sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good to know that they didn't come in a sheet. For the 1970 Rold Gold set I should be able to feel the envelope and determine something about the cards inside. Now, I have to find it.

    ReplyDelete