Kelloggs Cards

Kelloggs Cards

Sunday, May 7, 2017

A Wrigley Field Bleacher Bums Story That I Hadn't Heard

Here is what I got from the website http://www.nationalpastime.com/.

Willie Davis, furious with the Wrigley Field Bleacher Bums because of their continual verbal abuse of him, tells his Dodgers teammates that he wants to hit a home run in the middle of the group, which he does in the sixth inning to tie the score. The LA center fielder exacts a bit more revenge on the heckling horde when his 12th-inning two-run round-tripper proves to be the difference in the 4-2 defeat of the Cubs.


Since I started sitting in the bleachers in 1969 I love this story.  I probably sat in the bleachers nearly 400 times from 1969 to 1994.  I've only been to Wrigley three times since 1994 and one was for a high school game.


No comments:

Post a Comment