Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Thursday, May 4, 2017

Hit-by-Pitch in the News

I heard a lots on sports radio about the hit-by-pitch incident between the Red Sox and Orioles.  I decided to check out some stats on the HBPs.  Do they happen more or less than in the past?



I created this chart using data from the Sean Lahman's baseball database.  Being hit by a pitch is at it's highest level in 100 years.  There is a lot to read into this chart.  I will leave that to you or maybe I will look at it another day.

Only Don Baylor and Ron Hunt had more than 100 HBP from 1970 - 1983.  



  



No comments:

Post a Comment