Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Thursday, May 25, 2017

Teammates with Birthdays Today

I noticed that today is the birthday of both John Montefusco and Bob Knepper.  They were teammates with the Giants from 1976 to 1980.  The Giants traded them both in December of 1980 in a four-day period.

I mentioned Knepper in a post long ago because his card was well-known in our house (old post).

Montefusco has only been mentioned once on this blog (see post).

In 13 years Montefusco was 90-83.  Knepper played 15 years and had a record of 146-155.  I had no idea that Knepper won that many games.


I need to get a card of Montefusco scanned before I do another post featuring him.

No comments:

Post a Comment