Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Friday, May 26, 2017


From NationalPastime.com.

Ken Brett's no-hit bid ends with two outs in the ninth, when White Sox third baseman Jorge Orta hopes Jerry Remy's slow roller will go foul. The no-hitter is lost when the ball stays fair, but the southpaw, who tosses 10 innings of two-hit ball, gets the victory when the Pale Hose beat California in the 11th, 1-0.


Without constant sports news and highlights in 1976, I don't remember that game.  What else made it less memorable - it was played in California at night.  I wouldn't have been watching it since I had to get up for my paper route the next morning.  My mom probably let my brothers watch it, meaning I did the route by myself again.

Long-time White Sox player and TV guy Bill Melton got the other hit for the Angels.  Melton played eight of his 10 seasons with the White Sox.  He amassed 160 career homers, leading the league with 33 in 1971.

  

Hardly any of the 1975 cards that I see have the bright colors displayed on this beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment