Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, June 27, 2016

A New Bird Experience To Add To My List

I've been running on trails for over 30 years.  There have been plenty of animal sightings, but few animal encounters.  In the past I'd had encounters with dogs (too many), crayfish (2 days in a row), deer and a few types of birds.  Yesterday I added another bird to the list.

Usually when I spot a bird on a trail in front of me it flies out of my path.  Today a crane actually started screeching and moving toward me.  On my second attempt to pass it I notice another one about two feet off the trail in the high grass.  I guessed that this was a nesting area for them and after my third failed attempt at passing I re-routed to avoid being on the news for being beat up by an angry crane.

As I continued my run I tried to come up with baseball players with bird-related nicknames.  I failed so I guess I'll show another picture of Mark Fidrych.


No comments:

Post a Comment