Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Friday, June 24, 2016

A Quiz on the 1972 Kellogg's All-Time Greats Set

This is one of my favorite sets.  As a kid these cards were not around anyone in my circle.  I never saw them at flea markets either.


Here are the 14 players in the set -

Walter Johnson
Rogers Horsnsby
John McGraw
Mickey Cochrane
George Sisler
Babe Ruth
Lefty Grove
Pie Traynor
Honus Wagner
Eddie Collins
Tris Speaker
Cy Young
Lou Gehrig
Ty Cobb

Who is the oldest person in this set?  Can you put them in order of birth?  I thought it would be easier, but most of my collection is from post-WWII so this isn't easy.








I will update this later with how I did.

1 comment:

  1. McGraw must be the oldest. He was an old man by the time of the first World Series. Gehrig was definitely the youngest. I'd say Ruth, Lefty Grove, and Traynor are a little older (3-5 years) and the rest are ten years older or thereabouts. They were all dead ball stars.

    ReplyDelete