Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, June 20, 2016

The Odd Multi-Sport Athlete That I Promised to Mention

I skipped this post yesterday since I was busy telling about my crash while running.  Back to business with the oddest of the two-sport athletes I found listed online.


Juan Marichal is listed as a two-sport athlete.  It is mentioned that he participated as a soltadore in a cockfighting circuit in the Dominican Republic.  What?  Really?

I'm not going to pretend to understand much about the cockfighting circuit or how it got into a Seinfeld episode.  I do want to know what a soltadore is.  Time to find out what Juan's job was.

It seems like that is the job of putting the animals into the ring for the fight.  How does that make him a two-sport athlete?







No comments:

Post a Comment