Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, June 19, 2016

Quite A Father's Day Gift - Not What I Wanted Though

I got a unique gift today for Father's Day.  Sure, I was hoping for a Kellogg's card that I don't have yet or some unopened 1971s, but this is a gift that I will treasure always or at least this week.  Have you ever gotten a tree root for Father's Day?



I had time today to go to my favorite running location in the suburbs.  It was great to run at Bullfrog Lake today and things were going well for about an hour of my 75-minute run.  I was running up and down mountain bike trails and jumping over tree roots.

Back to the gift.  After the hour I got to an opening with a nice easy link between the trails.  There were no hills or rocks.  I lost my focus and found the only tree root on this section of the trail.  A scream, a forward flip and a back somersault later I was on the ground checking to see what body parts still worked.

Left knee - bloodied.
Right knee - just dirt.
Left shoulder - just dirt.
Right shoulder - just dirt.
Back - lots of dirt.

I didn't feel pain elsewhere, so I assume everything else is okay.  There was enough blood and dirt on me that cyclists noticed it going past me.  That made me feel tough today.

It will be interesting to see if I have sore muscles tomorrow.  Ah yes, the gift that might keep on giving.  I do have lots of Bullfrog Lake dirt in my garage to show for today's adventure and the tree root which barely stuck out of the ground about 1/2 of an inch.
MWH

1 comment: