Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Wednesday, November 16, 2016

1970 Kellogg's Baseball Card Backs - #55 - #57

Here is another post on the 1970 Kellogg's baseball card backs.  I wish the text had something more interesting.  This set is missing something that I like  - the card backs that mention the hometowns of the players.


#57 Bill Freehan - I remember him being known as a good defensive catcher.  The text lists stats to prove my memory correct.  

Not on the card - I liked the Tigers because that was the Pee-Wee league team I was on for three years.





#56 Luis Tiant - more stats about how good he was.  19 strikeouts in 10 innings - that's something I didn't know.

Not on the card - we all tried to imitate his wind-up.




#55 Ollie Brown - I don't know much about his but he threw a no-hitter in the minors.  He never pitched in 13 MLB seasons.

Not on the card - he played a long time without being a full-time player.  In only six seasons did he surpass 300 at-bats.




I don't see many off-center Kellogg's cards.  Did they do a better job at cutting than Topps did, or did they just discard the mis-cuts more frequently?

No comments:

Post a Comment