Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Rose is a Rose is a Rose or Buyer Beware?

I got a few new cards this week in varying conditions.


Just like when purchasing online, it is difficult to see the conditions of the cards when ordering.  Don't get me wrong, I like these cards and I am quite happy with the price I paid.  On some lots I refrain from bidding when the description says "I am not a professional grader.  Look at the cards and judge the conditions for yourself".  To me that usually means the picture quality is poor and the cards are not in great shape.

With Kellogg's cards the situation is worse.  The cracks cannot always be seen due to the curvature of the cards.  The Killebrew card above has a huge crack through it but because of curvature of the card and the angle I used with an ipad to take the picture, the card looks crack-free.  

Luckily, I am okay with cards in all different conditions.  Sure I'd love to get 1971s in mint condition, but I don't expect that to happen often.  I do need to document which of my 1971s need upgrades.

No comments:

Post a Comment