Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, November 20, 2016

Rosemont, IL Card Show Today

I didn't spend a lot of time at the show, but I did walk around the room for about an hour today.  This show always is skewed toward autograph collectors, but there was plenty of vintage and a fair amount of wax for sale.

The biggest change compared to other Rosemont shows - Cubs merchandise.  The show has always displayed lots of home town stuff, but this year was quite different since the World Series win was fresh and lots of Cub players were signing on the weekend.  There were at least two guys making paintings of pictures taken when the Cubs celebrated and of the Wrigley marquee.

I bought zero cards.  I did buy some supplies, such as a top loader big enough to hold the 1970 football sheet that I opened last night.  It is even better than expected.  More on that tomorrow.

I saw another sheet for sale by a dealer from Pennsylvania.  This 1973 set had three uncut sheets of 18 cards.  It looked quite nice but I passed on it because (a) of the price which was still quite fair and because (b) I already have a full two-set sheet as can be seen on the background of the blog.

Here is the picture.  It is not perforated like a factory set would be.  Instead, it is a normal sheet of 18 cards.


No comments:

Post a Comment