Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Tuesday, November 15, 2016

1970 Kellogg's Baseball Card Backs - #58 - #60

This group features two players who later were Cubs and one (Bench) who I hated to see play the Cubs.



#60 Bobby Murcer - I didn't remember that he'd lost two seasons while he was in the Army where he didn't play much baseball.

Not on the card - I only remember his Cub days.  I wasn't happy that Bill Madlock left and Murcer became the star of the team.





#59 Joe Pepitone - lots of guys in this set were born in 1940.  I didn't know he hit two homers in one inning.

Not on the card - another player who was a Cub late in his career.  I didn't see him play at his peak.





#58 Johnny Bench - this card is not like most I've shown from this set.  It came from a pack that I opened a year or two ago.  He's already an all-star, star fielder and home run hitter.

Not on the card - he had a great career, dominating the NL in the 1970s.











No comments:

Post a Comment