Kelloggs Cards

Kelloggs Cards

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

1970 Kellogg's Baseball Card Backs - #58 - #60

This group features two players who later were Cubs and one (Bench) who I hated to see play the Cubs.



#60 Bobby Murcer - I didn't remember that he'd lost two seasons while he was in the Army where he didn't play much baseball.

Not on the card - I only remember his Cub days.  I wasn't happy that Bill Madlock left and Murcer became the star of the team.





#59 Joe Pepitone - lots of guys in this set were born in 1940.  I didn't know he hit two homers in one inning.

Not on the card - another player who was a Cub late in his career.  I didn't see him play at his peak.





#58 Johnny Bench - this card is not like most I've shown from this set.  It came from a pack that I opened a year or two ago.  He's already an all-star, star fielder and home run hitter.

Not on the card - he had a great career, dominating the NL in the 1970s.











No comments:

Post a Comment