Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Saturday, December 31, 2016

1970 Kellogg's Baseball Card Backs #16 - 18

So I skipped #19 - 27 for now since I haven't picked those up in a long time and I'd have to get them from storage or from another website.  I'll look at the others and get back to those nine later.



#18 - Rick Reichardt

Great to see a college graduate who also got a big bonus.  Two homers in an inning is great, but the stats show him hitting no homers in 1964.  It turns out that the card is incorrect.  He accomplished that in 1966.  Was it ever corrected?  I will have to check that one out.




#17 - Bill Singer

His no-hitter was in the minors.  I like his diverse hobbies - swimming, dancing and water skiing.



#16 - Carlos May


This is a beautiful car.  Well-loved.   Lee May of the Reds is his brother.

IT'S A FACT - Only six times in MLB history did a first basemen not record a putout in a game.  I'm not going to check to find more instances of that.  Big strikeout games would be easy to check.




No comments:

Post a Comment