Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Kellogg's Cereal Box Dream #5 - 100 Years Old, No Not Me! Baseball Cards Changed Forever Because of This Day

I asked the athletes that I coach what happened 100 years ago today and my favorite responses were -
(a) I graduated college
(b) I became old enough to vote
(c) I got drafted into WWI

Did I mention that none of this kids are getting good grades?

Baseball history changed with this monumental event.  Babe Ruth hit his first home run.  He was a Boston Red Sox pitcher at that time.  I didn't have the time or energy to look up the box score, but I would have to guess that the historic home run was given up by Jamie Moyer.

1972 All-Time Greats Babe Ruth #13

1972 Cereal Box rating -- 10     comment --   what could be better?
2015 Rating                    -- 10    comment --    have you seen the movie The Sandlot?





As I mentioned before, I'm not sure these were in cereal boxes, but I will keep the theme the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment