Kelloggs Cards

Kelloggs Cards

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Kellogg's Cereal Box Dream #5 - 100 Years Old, No Not Me! Baseball Cards Changed Forever Because of This Day

I asked the athletes that I coach what happened 100 years ago today and my favorite responses were -
(a) I graduated college
(b) I became old enough to vote
(c) I got drafted into WWI

Did I mention that none of this kids are getting good grades?

Baseball history changed with this monumental event.  Babe Ruth hit his first home run.  He was a Boston Red Sox pitcher at that time.  I didn't have the time or energy to look up the box score, but I would have to guess that the historic home run was given up by Jamie Moyer.

1972 All-Time Greats Babe Ruth #13

1972 Cereal Box rating -- 10     comment --   what could be better?
2015 Rating                    -- 10    comment --    have you seen the movie The Sandlot?





As I mentioned before, I'm not sure these were in cereal boxes, but I will keep the theme the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment