Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, May 11, 2015

Name That Tune #1 - Kellogg's Baseball Card Style....With Help From Jimmy Buffett

So, I've got some Jimmy Buffet lyrics below.  I've always liked this song but it isn't one to ever appear on a radio station or on Pandora.

Song Title - Growing Older But Not Up from 1981

I rounded first never thought of the worst
As I studied the shortstop's position
Then crack went my leg like the shell of an egg
Someone call a decent physician
I'm no __________, I can't pretend
While my mind is quite flexible
these brittle bones don't bend


I'd rather die while I'm living then live when I'm dead.

So, this is a multiple choice question.  Here are your choices.


(a) Rickey Henderson



(b) Pete Rose



(c) Joe Charboneau



(d) Willie Wilson




If you are a Parrothead you were probably looking for a way to enter a contest here.  Sorry, the blog is for entertainment value only.  



Did you figure out the answer yet?




The answer is Pete Rose.  I don't know why he's mentioned so I will need to do some research on Buffett and his Coral Reefer Band who like to play concerts at baseball stadiums. 















No comments:

Post a Comment