Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Wednesday, May 20, 2015

My Family Again - Along With Matty Alou, a Rusty Gate and A Missing Kellogg's Player

This is my fourth straight post with some family involved.  That makes sense since I think only my brothers read this blog.  How do I know that?  They leave nasty comments and correct my grammar.

My baseball coach called me Matty Alou for some reason.  I didn't bat left-handed and I certainly never won a batting title.




Every time I took a swing in the four years that he was my coach he would immediately say "you swing like a rusty gate".  That didn't help my baseball swing since I had no way to know what he was talking about.  I can blame my older brothers for not helping me swing like maybe, a well-oiled gate I guess.  Would that be better?

Maybe the coach should have just told me to swing like Matty Alou.  Besides his batting title he had a .307 career average and had more hits than games played.

There will be more on the Alou family later.  I wonder if Matty blamed older brother Felipe like I can do with my brothers.   I know nephew Moises didn't have a problem blaming someone else when he couldn't catch a foul ball.

Too bad Jesus Alou didn't get a Kellogg's card.  Maybe I can create one in a future post?        


No comments:

Post a Comment