Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Thursday, February 25, 2016

Another Guy I Don't Remember Seeing Play - But He's on A Kellogg's Card

Maybe if Steve Kline had played in the NL for more than 16 games I would have a better memory of him.  When I went to Comiskey Park my favorite thing to do was go to the left field picnic area.  There I would sit with my Mazzone's italian ice, soft-serve cone.  Man, it would be great to do that right now.



I also don't remember him as much since whenever we went to a White Sox game it was because one of my sisters got straight A's.  The White Sox gave each Chicago Public School student four tickets each year if they had straight A's.  The White Sox also had a program for my brothers.  Tickets could also be earned by having perfect attendance - there you go boys.  

The free tickets were always given to games on weekdays when the worst teams in the league were in town.  The Yankees were a good draw even in their bad years so we never got Yankee tickets.  

I do remember Kline from his cards, especially the 1973 Kellogg's card.  Even though it is only a 2-D set it is one of my favorites.  The colors are bright and it is a great design.  I don't remember pulling his card from a cereal box, but I picked it up years ago since I was working on these sets during the 1970s when I started going to card shows.



No comments:

Post a Comment