Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, February 29, 2016

Happy Birthday -- Finally!

Only 11 MLB players were born on Leap Day.  Oddly, the last two both had last names of "Long".  They are not related.

No Kellogg's cards feature players with this birthday.  The most well-know players born on this day are Pepper Martin and Al Rosen.  

Happy birthday to one of my childhood friends who turns 13 today.  I think he has kids who are older than him.  I feel like there must be a Jeff Foxworthy joke in there somewhere.

Two of the places that I use to search for what happened on this day in baseball history didn't even have an entry for 2-29.  Update - when using the site on 2-28 I tried to click on Next Day and it went to 3-01.  Today it shows a few things that happened on 2-29.  Now it shows the 2-29 events but when I click on Next Day it goes to 3-02.

I did find out elsewhere that Hank Aaron signed a contract worth $200,000 per season on this day in 1972.  That made him the highest paid player in MLB.


No comments:

Post a Comment