Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, February 8, 2016

Why Am I Writing About the Dodgers Again - Kellogg's Cards?

On this day in 1982 the infield that played together the longest was broken up.  The Dodgers traded Davey Lopes to the A's for someone who never played in the majors.


Lopes teamed with Steve Garvey, Ron Cey and Bill Russell from 1973 to 1981 - see my earlier post about the players and their Kellogg's cards (Dodger Infield & Russell Not Getting a Kellogg's Card).



In the 1970s I couldn't find any way to cheer for the Dodgers, Reds, Pirates or Phillies.  



Since I'm not a Dodger fan I will focus on a negative stat.  The four of them totaled 780 errors during their Dodger careers.  Believe it or not there is a player from the late 1800s/early 1900s who had a career total of 1096 errors.  

No comments:

Post a Comment