Kelloggs Cards

Kelloggs Cards

Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Back to the 1972 Kellogg's Roberto Clemente

Looking at Topps cards didn't always give kids an idea about what a player looked like.  Kellogg's certainly took care of that for us.



This was the Roberto Clemente that I knew.  When reading about his death before heading out to do my paper route, this is a face I knew.  Kellogg's made that possible.  Sure, I loved the fact that I had 10 of his 1970 Topps cards, but this is how I remembered him.

This card is also on a small list of cards that keep Kellogg's set building from being easy.

1970 - Rose, Clemente, Mays and a few others
1971 - all nice cards if condition is important to you
1972 - Clemente, Mays, Rose
1973 - Ryan, Rose
1974 - Ryan, Rose
1975 - most nice cards if condition is important to you

After 1975 it seems like there are plenty of cards in nice condition.








1 comment:

  1. Now that's a beautiful card. I'll be adding one of these sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete