Kelloggs Cards

Kelloggs Cards

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Baseball-Reference.com's Number Database

I enjoyed checking out the #56s yesterday, so I think I will look into that database further.  Since I know of a few players who wore number 0 in their careers I will start by checking that out.

It turns out that 18 players have worn #0 in their careers.  Seven of the 18 players had either a first or last name that began with the letter "O".  Two of the players on this list also had a Kellogg's card but only one of them actually wore the number 0 for the team that he was on when he wore #0.

People my age can probably name the one player since he wore 0 for eight years.  The other player wore it for less than an entire season.

Oscar Gamble is not the correct answer.  It would be great to have a Kellogg's card of him but he never got into a set.

No comments:

Post a Comment