Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, January 6, 2014

1970 Iron-Ons - Set Completed!

I found more information about the 1970 Iron-Ons and the packs that were sold by Kelloggs.  The Fleer Sticker Project blog posted an article about this (http://fleersticker.blogspot.com/2010/09/1970-kelloggs-baseball-iron-ons-trying.html).


They also included this picture of the 10 Iron-Ons as well as their ideas as to why only 10 were produced when there were 24 MLB teams at that time.  I'd really have liked an Iron-On for the missing teams, especially the Pilots.

Teams Missing and their previous division affiliations.

NL East - Expos, Pirates, Phillies
NL West - Dodgers, Padres, Astros, Reds
AL East - Red Sox, Indians, Senators
AL West - Brewers, Angels, Royals, White Sox

I sorted through my cards and found the three stickers that I was missing.  They were in a few of the unopened packs that I enjoyed opening a few months ago.  

No comments:

Post a Comment