Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Friday, November 24, 2017

To Open or Not to Open?

I'm getting close to an extra set of 1972 Kellogg's cards.  I got lucky at a card show with this lot so now I want to finish the set.  The set is in really nice condition, something that I usually don't care much about.  Since 52 cards are nice, I might as well get a Mays and a Torre that match - nice, bright, white borders that are sharp on these flat cards.

Mays won't be cheap of course so I will probably take my time getting that one, but Torre should be easy to obtain.  I could probably go online now and get one for a few bucks. 

I have two unopened packs with Torre inside.  If either pack were discolored or flawed in any way I would just open it.  Of course that isn't the case with these nice packs.  Should I open one and risk that the card might not be as nice as the other 52?

If you have opened a pack how has that worked out? 


5 comments:

  1. I'd keep it sealed and pick up a clean Torre on eBay or COMC. But that's just me and my 2¢ ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just not that patient. If I get the Mays first that might cause me to really think more about opening a pack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might have a nice Torre in my extra's..So do not open it just yet..

    ReplyDelete