Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, September 3, 2018

1978 Kellogg's Baseball Card Backs - Next Up

Time for me to look into the card backs of the 1978 Kellogg's baseball card set.  Kellogg's took a few chances each year on player selection and they missed on a few guys in 1978.



Since I went to Goose Gossage Park in Colorado Springs again this summer I will start with his card.  He was a difference maker for many teams during his career.  

I was surprised to see that he only played one season with Pittsburgh.  I knew that he was a Cub for one season and that he played for the White Sox (5 years) and Yankees (7 years) for a while.   As a Cub fan I certainly remember him as a Padre in 1984.  He was with the Padres for four of his 22 seasons.   Add four more teams and he's got a lot of memorabilia just in uniforms.




This picture just made me feel good today.  Happy Labor Day. 

3 comments:

  1. It's so weird seeing him in a Pirates uniform... without his Fu Manchu.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I'm new to the Blog but LOVE Kellogg's cards. I sent you an email. Great site - I've caught up and read every entry. Thanks for your work. Looking forward to more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had a few bumps in the road with my blogging. I should be back tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete