Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Friday, September 11, 2020

Does Anyone Else Have Kellogg's Proof Cards?

I got these in the mail today.



These are from the Benanti collection.  Does anyone else have any cards from this collection?  I picked up a few over the last 10 years.  Beckett auctioned them off years ago and shared information about where these cards originated.

Does anyone have other Kellogg's Proof cards?  Do you know the history behind the cards?

5 comments:

  1. Don't know anything about these... nor have I ever owned one. I love everything related to 1970 Kellogg's though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the blank backs are these proofs, I have one raw. Interesting to see these graded.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know that being black-backed means that they are also proofs. These all came from an employee of Xograph so someone was able to figure out that they were proofs. I've even found a few that differ slightly from the card actually produced. I didn't even check these two yet to see if they differ from the final product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is really interesting. I have a blank backed Bill Nelson and always wondered, guess I still have to haha. I have two regular issue PSA 9 Warfields here in front of me and yours looks the same to me. I hope someone can shed more light on them.

      Delete
  4. I haven't checked mine against the regular cards so thanks for checking for me. I have one proof where the signature location changed and another where they changed the clouds. Who decided that the clouds needed to change and why? Did they spend time thinking about that?

    ReplyDelete