Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Name That Tune #2 - Kellogg's Baseball Card Style - Billy Joel Makes Headlines Today

So, here's a chance to redeem yourself on another song that mentions a baseball player.  The lyrics below are from the Billy Joel song Zanzibar.  Your job is to name the player mentioned only by last name.


CHORUS
I've got the old man's car,
I've got a jazz guitar
I've got a tab at Zanzibar
Tonight that's where I'll be

**************, he knows he's such a credit to the game
But the Yankees grab the headlines every time


The player mentioned knows he's such a credit to the game of baseball.  Just ask him and he will tell you about it.

Here are your choices.  Do they look familiar?


(a) Rickey Henderson




(b) Pete Rose




(c) Joe Charboneau




(d) Willie Wilson





I remember this song but I don't want to tell you what year it was released since that could impact your answer.  



If you guessed (a) or (c) you must not have figured out what year the song came out.

The correct answer is once again Pete Rose.  Listen and enjoy the song.  On round three I promise that the answer will not be Pete Rose or Joe DiMaggio.




There will be plenty of other posts about the players listed above.  Stay tuned.  

No comments:

Post a Comment