Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Friday, January 29, 2016

Quotes That Should Be on the Back of a Kellogg's Card - Round 2

I had fun reading the quotes yesterday so I figured two days in a row could be fun.  After that I will get to answering some of the questions I posed recently.

Here are a few more quotes.



Lou Brock said  "First base is nowhere".  He's thinking that stealing second and third puts him in a better place.  I always like quotes that can combine baseball and running.  This quote could use one of those cartoons that were found on Topps cards in the 1970s.

Ron Fairly when being asked about losing his speed said "There was nothing to lose".  Lots of players have said something along these lines.

Fairly stole 35 bases in 21 seasons.  For those who aren't great at math that is between 1 and 2 per season.  For those who like math that is 1.67 per season.

Brock had a few more steals.  He finished with 938 steals in 19 years.  He averaged 49 per season which is more than Fairly had in his career.  

Brock's middle name is Clark.  I'll need to look more into that someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment