Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, June 25, 2017

Baseball-Reference.com's Number Database

I enjoyed checking out the #56s yesterday, so I think I will look into that database further.  Since I know of a few players who wore number 0 in their careers I will start by checking that out.

It turns out that 18 players have worn #0 in their careers.  Seven of the 18 players had either a first or last name that began with the letter "O".  Two of the players on this list also had a Kellogg's card but only one of them actually wore the number 0 for the team that he was on when he wore #0.

People my age can probably name the one player since he wore 0 for eight years.  The other player wore it for less than an entire season.

Oscar Gamble is not the correct answer.  It would be great to have a Kellogg's card of him but he never got into a set.

No comments:

Post a Comment