Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, October 15, 2017

2007 Kellogg's Venezuelan Cards - MLB Players?

The cards mention teams that these guys were on up to 2006.  I checked to see what teams these guys played for.  I'll also add anything else of note.

Card #  /  Player on Front  /  Player on Back

02 - Gus Polidor / Angel Vargas
Polidor - 1985 - 90, 1993 - Cal. Mil, Fla. -- 229 games; 459 ABs
Vargas - minors only

03 - Andres Galarraga / Marlon Nava
Galarraga - 19 years; 399 homers - 7 teams; MVP votes in 7 seasons
Nava - the card mentioned the Twins but I don't see anything on baseball-reference.com

04 - Omar Vizquel / Carlos Tovar Trillo
Vizquel - 24 years!  2,877 hits; 11 Gold Gloves
Trillo - Toronto is mentioned on the back but I don't see anything on baseball-reference.com

05 - Carlos Hernandez / Fernando Lunar
Hernandez - three MLB players had this name; he played 10 years - 488 games, mainly at Catcher
Lunar - played 97 games in three seasons with Atl. and Balt. - all at Catcher

06 - Urbano Lugo / Jesus Azuaje
Lugo - pitched for six years; 6-7 W-L record
Azuaje - listed as Cleve.; he played in the minors for a long time

07 - Henry Blanco / Jesus Marquez
Blanco - I didn't realize that he played 16 MLB seasons.  He wore 12 different numbers on 11 teams.
Marquez - listed as Seattle; he played in the minors

08 - Roger Cedeno / Omar Sanchez
Cedeno - played exactly 1100 games in 11 years with five teams.
Sanchez - Toronto is listed on the card but I didn't find stats for him

09 - Dilson Torres / Hector Ortega
Torres - played 5 games with the 1995 Royals winning 1 game and losing 2.
Ortega - played for a while in the minors

I didn't watch baseball for a long time after the 1994 baseball strike so some of these guys I missed.  I also didn't buy any new cards so I don't remember their names from collecting. 

More next time.

1 comment:

  1. I love me some Omar. Wonder if he'll get an invitation to Cooperstown.

    ReplyDelete