Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Sunday, February 2, 2020

Do You Ever Go to Card Shows When Out of Town?

I've always liked going to card shows when I was out of town.   This was even more fun before the days of ebay.  It was also easier to do before having kids.  I could usually find a card show on vacations where I also ended up going to different ballparks. 

On my five-hour drive to my son's track meet I found that there was a card show in the Milwaukee area.  It was less than 100 miles from my house, but it was certainly a different show from those in Chicago.



This was the only Kellogg's card that I bought.  It is flat and not cracked, but it's color is just okay and there a few scratches.  Not a surprise for 1975 Kellogg's cards. 

There was a curled 1981 set, lots of 1979 - 1983 commons for $1 each and a small stack of older cards that I didn't need.  Even though I didn't need them I would have bought them if they were in my price range.

The show had lots of older cards and memorabilia so it was fun to spend 40 minutes wandering around.  I picked up about 25 1960s Post cards.  As I've been sorting my cards I'm noticing that I've got lots of these cards.  That might be a future pursuit, especially since I will be looking to get them in any condition.

3 comments:

  1. I almost never get to go out of town but the last time I did, we spent eight days in Texas (Super Bowl week in 2017). On our last day there, we attended the Tri-Star show and had a great time. It was actually the first time I'd ever bought cards from out of state.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Card shows and trips never seem to line up... but two or three years ago, I did go to a comic/toy convention when I was visiting my parents in Vegas. My buddy even set up at the show, so I helped him out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Before the internet card shows far from Chicago were a great place to pick up Chicago-related items, especially those of second-tier stars like Santo, Jenkins, etc.

    ReplyDelete