Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Thursday, July 30, 2015

Kellogg's Cards Seen at the National Card Show in Chicago

I had to hurry through the card show yesterday from 4 - 8 pm since I won't be able to attend the show on any other days.  I'm sure that I missed plenty of cards in boxes, but I was wanted to see every table.




Usually I see a few dealers with high-priced cards and not very many.  The cards tend to be located with all of the other oddball/insert cards.  That held true again this year.

This year was different.  Many vintage card dealers had Kellogg's cards as well.  Here is what I saw without even spending much time on bargain boxes.

I saw about 10 unopened 1970 packs including a Willie Mays with a grade of 10.  That's more pack than I've seen in the last 5-6 years combined.  Prices seemed fair on the packs that had prices listed.  I could have asked for prices on others, but that's not something I do unless I see a dealer with fair prices on other items.

The only factory sets I saw were two from 1980.  I probably should have purchased them, but in my hurry I kept moving on without making an offer.  I still don't see older (pre-1979) factory sets at any shows.

I saw at least six 1970 baseball sets and one dealer had sets from 1970 - 1981.  A few other dealers had Kellogg's sets on display.  Prices were much higher than my budget.

There were a lot more singles available than usual.  Maybe Kellogg's cards are growing in popularity?  Many dealers had 50 - 100 different singles from different years.  Those with prices listed were not in my range, so I didn't look at too many cards.



I'm not against dealers charging whatever they need to charge, but since I've already got everything but variations now I can afford to be cheap.  Sure, I need to upgrade some 1971s and 1975s, but that is not a big deal to me.  Maybe prices will be better during the upcoming days.  I can't blame them for trying to get a higher price on Wednesday at the show.  That's why sometimes going on Sunday can be better.

Tomorrow I will talk about the only big purchase I made at the show.  I'm certainly glad I was at the show on Wednesday for this item.  It wouldn't have made it to Sunday.

If you get to the National let me know about all of the good stuff that I missed by hurrying through it.


No comments:

Post a Comment