Kelloggs Cards

Kelloggs Cards

Monday, July 10, 2017

1974 Kellogg's Baseball Card Backs #40 - 42

Back at it again before I get too tired out tonight.


#42 - Cookie Rojas




Of course I still call him Cookie Ro-Jazz since that is how my brother said his name.

Movies make for a different hobby than the usual sports.

Not on the card - I would never had known that he got MVP votes in three different seasons including one with Philadelphia.




#41 - Sparky Lyle



The back of his card actually mentions the oddity of him always being groomed as a relief pitcher.  It mentions that he has not started a game in the majors.  I think I mentioned that in a previous post.





#40 - Chris Speier



Not many guys have three consecutive vowels in their name.  Let's not count the guys like Meyer where the y is definitely a consonant.  It's been a long time since fourth grade, sorry.  I will address this in a future post.

He was a starting shortstop at age 20.  He's said to be one of the best hitting shortstops in the game. 

Not on the card - he played a long time (1971 - 1989) for a guy who never hit 15 homers or 71 RBIs again.  

He was an all-star in 1972, 1973 and 1974.  



No comments:

Post a Comment