Menu Note


Use the menu below if you'd like to search for posts that relate to your interests. Note - this was just created on 12-30-20 so I will need to link the posts in the coming weeks. Until then, you can scroll down to the labels on the right to find the same information.


Monday, July 10, 2017

1974 Kellogg's Baseball Card Backs #40 - 42

Back at it again before I get too tired out tonight.


#42 - Cookie Rojas




Of course I still call him Cookie Ro-Jazz since that is how my brother said his name.

Movies make for a different hobby than the usual sports.

Not on the card - I would never had known that he got MVP votes in three different seasons including one with Philadelphia.




#41 - Sparky Lyle



The back of his card actually mentions the oddity of him always being groomed as a relief pitcher.  It mentions that he has not started a game in the majors.  I think I mentioned that in a previous post.





#40 - Chris Speier



Not many guys have three consecutive vowels in their name.  Let's not count the guys like Meyer where the y is definitely a consonant.  It's been a long time since fourth grade, sorry.  I will address this in a future post.

He was a starting shortstop at age 20.  He's said to be one of the best hitting shortstops in the game. 

Not on the card - he played a long time (1971 - 1989) for a guy who never hit 15 homers or 71 RBIs again.  

He was an all-star in 1972, 1973 and 1974.  



No comments:

Post a Comment